Happy Diabetic Cooks his way Thru Italy
Eating My Way Through Italy: The Happy Diabetic Style. Taking the slow road to Discover the Hidden Treasures of the Italian Mediterranean Dinner Table
Our pick of restaurants was Sfoglia Rina which served the most impressive tortelloni we had in Bologna.
- They make their own fresh pasta.
- They only serve pasta and desserts, so it’s ideal if you don’t want an epic multi-course meal.
- They are open all day until 8 pm so you can eat outside the usual strict Italian mealtimes.
- It’s good value as there’s no cover charge and water is free (very rare in Italy).
- The space is cool and modern with unusual lampshades and tables decorated with pots of fresh herbs.
- It’s casual—the menu is on a blackboard and you write your table number and order on the notepad and give it to the waiter then pay afterwards at the till.
Tomato & garlic linguini with Rocket (arugula)
for the sauce
· 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
· 2 whole heads of garlic sliced
· 1/3 cup olive oil
· salt & pepper to taste
· fresh rocket arugula or spinach or a combo
· ½ cup white wine
· Chili flakes to taste
· 1 cup cooked linguini
· fresh Parmesan region
1. Slice the garlic thin and place into the pan with the olive oil no heat.
2. Put the pan on medium heat and cook the garlic until there is a little color. Add the sliced tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
3. When the tomatoes are cooked 3-4 min add the rocket/augla/spinage Allow to cook over med heat. allowing all the flavors to mingle.
4. Add the cooked pasta aldente Toss the tomato garlic sauce with the cooked pasta and fresh rocket and serve with fresh graded cheese.
"This episode of the Happy Diabetic Kitchen podcast is sponsored by my diabetes supplier, US MED. US MED offers free shipping and 90-days supplies with every order.
to see how they can simplify your diabetes care call 1-877-840-8218, I did, and I can feel the love! " There is a much better solution US Med
The Happy Diabetic Kitchen Podcast is sponsored by US MED
US MED WELCOMES THE HAPPY DIABETIC COMMUNITY
When it comes to your health, nothing else matters. That’s why with US MED, your health matters to us. From insulin pumps, continuous glucose monitors, blood glucose strips and more, your well-being is in the right hands with the experts at US MED.
Call Us : 888-885-0012