Susan Weiner is an award-winning nutrition, health and diabetes expert and the owner of Susan Weiner Nutrition, PLLC. Susan served as the 2015 ADCES Diabetes Educator of the Year and is an ADCES fellow. Among her many distinguished awards, she is the recipient of the 2019 Metropolitan New York Association of Diabetes Educators Advocate of the Year Award and the 2018 Media Excellence Award from the New York State Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
Susan is the “Diabetes in Real Life” columnist for Endocrine Today and is the on-air host for video interviews and content for Healio.com. She is the co-author of The Complete Diabetes Organizer: Your Guide to a Less Stressful and More Manageable Diabetes Life and Diabetes: 365 Tips for Living Well. Susan has extensive TV, radio, podcast and video experience and is well versed in media communications.
Susan is a well-respected national and international speaker on a variety of topics related to nutrition, diabetes, wellness and health, and has authored dozens of articles in peer reviewed journals. She has authored and been cited in over 300 articles for popular press, consumer publications and online sites. Susan earned her Master’s Degree in Applied Physiology and Nutrition from Columbia University.
Happy Diabetic Cooks his way Thru Italy
Eating My Way Through Italy: The Happy Diabetic Style. Taking the slow road to Discover the Hidden Treasures of the Italian Mediterranean Dinner Table
Our pick of restaurants was Sfoglia Rina which served the most impressive tortelloni we had in Bologna.
I love Sfoglia Rina for a number of reasons:
· 1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
· 2 whole heads of garlic sliced
· 1/3 cup olive oil
· salt & pepper to taste
· fresh rocket arugula or spinach or a combo
· ½ cup white wine
· Chili flakes to taste
· 1 cup cooked linguini
· fresh Parmesan region
1. Slice the garlic thin and place into the pan with the olive oil no heat.
2. Put the pan on medium heat and cook the garlic until there is a little color. Add the sliced tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
3. When the tomatoes are cooked 3-4 min add the rocket/augla/spinage Allow to cook over med heat. allowing all the flavors to mingle.
4. Add the cooked pasta aldente Toss the tomato garlic sauce with the cooked pasta and fresh rocket and serve with fresh graded cheese.